Wednesday, May 6, 2009

26 years of Marriage this May!!


Who is the love of my life:
Christopher Gail Knight

How did we meet?
A roommate of mine was in love with him. OOPS!! She introduced us.

How old were we?
Chris was 21 and I was 23

What was he doing the first time that
I ever saw him?
He was holding hands with his best friend, Steve Daly" & they were sitting on my couch. Odd!!

Why did I want to take him away from my roommate?
I didn't, He had Steve ask me "Would you ever consider going out with Chris"?..my reply was
Well I usually don't date younger men. But now I know,,,it's pretty fun.

How long did we date?
The first time was about a month. Then I found him putting gas in his old girlfriends car. So I didn't date him for a while... until he was sure he wanted only me. Then we dated from Nov-May.

What year did we date?
Last part of 1982, and first half of 1983,

Who said "I love you first"?
It wasn't me.

How did he propose?
he said "Do you think we should get married"? That was about as good as it got.

What do we have in common?
Over the years we've really enjoyed camping, dancing, going to movies, scouting, playing with
our children.

What did I love most about him?
How he always wanted me to sit by him. His tight pants weren't too bad. I loved his laugh and
how he enjoyed having fun & being goofy.

What do I dislike most about him?
His tooting.

Oh yes, Where did we go on our honeymoon?
We spent the night at the Hiatt Regency in Phx, then traveled to Pinetop and stayed in a cabin.
Who knew we would live here. Then traveled to NM and Colorado.

How old are we now?
Chris is 47 and I am 49.

We sure have had a sweet life. Sue

5 comments:

Mauricio and Tiffany said...

I love this post! I concur with the tooting! I also loved loved the tight pants comment! You two are the cutest, and it doesn't make me barf anymore!

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

Wow dad has learned so much! He is way more thoughtful and romantic now. You two are very lucky. Its so nice to see a happy marriage first hand!

The Heiner's said...

Wow! Good post Sue! So fun to read it. I didn't know any of that. Except for the tooting of course! :) Im glad you shared. Love you guys!

DHCHWinn said...

Too cute. I guess we like the young ones huh? Henson is only 1 year younger than me but still younger. I hope we are as happy as you two are at 26 years of marriage!! Hope to see you all soon!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Good to see you guys this weekend!